Fajitas are my go to when I crave Mexican food. However, it can be very high in fat, carbohydrates, calories, and sodium when you choose to order this out to eat. The difference between making this my way, or a restaurant way, is the ingredients that are being used (excessive amounts of oil,salt,etc.).
I like to cook my vegetables in a drizzle of olive oil, or just water! This brings down the calories and fat. Now, I know this recipe doesn’t include the tortillas, refried beans, extra cheese and sour cream, But hey…your here to be healthy right? On the plus side, I did create an amazing alternative for sour cream below. Its is even better than sour cream and you won’t even believe your being healthy! Try it out and leave me comments on your thoughts xo
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium orange bell Pepper
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 1 medium onion
- 8 oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- ½ pack fajita seasoning
- First, slice the chicken into small thin strips. Then chop the mushrooms, and slice the onions and peppers into thin strips.
- In a skillet, fill the bottom of the pan with a little bit of water. Add the peppers and onions. Once the pepper and onions are tender, add the mushrooms until they are soft.
- While the vegetables are cooking, spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray and add the chicken. Cook until the chicken is at 165 degrees or no longer pink inside.
- Next, add the chicken and fajita seasoning to the pan with the vegetables (if dry add some water). Let the flavors cook in for a few minutes, serve and enjoy!
- Nutrition facts per serving (serves 3)- 123 calories • 1.1g Fat • 11.5g Carbs • 3.3g Dietary Fiber • 19.2g Protein
- Pinch of garlic
- squeeze of lime juice
- tiny squeeze of cilantro paste
- 1 6 oz chobani plain greek yogurt
- Put all ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth!
- Nutrition facts per serving (makes 6 servings) 85 calories • 6.5 g Fat • 5.5 g Carbs • 2.6 g Fiber • 2.1 g Protein