This is the real deal. I was skeptical at first while making this thinking “I am totally going to mess this up, this will never work!” Trust me, it works and it is damn delicious!
Low Carb Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Write a review
- 1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp italian seasonings
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pizza sauce & toppings of your choice
- 1. To rice the cauliflower, cut florets into chunks and pulse in a food processor until you see rice-like bits. You could also use a cheese grater to produce the tiny pieces. Do not over process, you don't want mush.
- 2. Microwave the riced cauliflower in a bowl for 5-8 minutes depending on your microwave. No need to add water. After microwaving, transfer riced cauliflower to a fine mesh strainer and drain completely, gently pressing out excess water. Once drained, transfer riced cauliflower to a clean dish towel and wrap the sides around the cauliflower while gently pressing out excess water. This drying process is important!
- 3. One large head of cauliflower will yield about 3 cups of riced cauliflower. Use it to make more pizzas immediately, or store in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- 4. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup riced, cooked cauliflower, 1 egg and your cheese. Next, add Italian seasonings, crushed garlic and salt. Making sure everything is well mixed, place your "dough" on the cookie sheet and pat out a 9" round. Be sure not to press it too thin as it's easy to create holes.
- 5. Bake your dough at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- 6. Remove from oven. Add sauce, cheese, and your favorite toppings to your pizza. Place pizza under broiler just until cheese is melted! Be sure to keep an eye on it, when its under the broiler it can burn fast!
- Nutrition facts per serving (1/6 pizza crust): 88 calories • 5g Fat 4g Carbs • 2g Fiber • 10g Protein
Keri Fay https://kerifay.com/