This is my favorite summer dessert that my mom used to make for me as a kid. It is so light, refreshing, and so low in fat!
Low Fat Summer Sherbert Cake
Write a review
- 2 Boxes Angel Food Cake
- 3/4 Gallon Rainbow Sherbert
- For sauce-
- Bag of frozen raspberries (12 oz)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/8 cup sugar
- tsp cornstarch
- Cook the Angel Food Cake according to the instructions on the box.
- Once the cake is done, let it cool, and pull the cake apart into tiny pieces.
- If you have a springform pan, I recommend using it. If not, any taller round cake pan will work.
- Lay the cake pieces down on the bottom of the pan, then take a spatula and layer about a 1/2 inch of sherbert.
- Repeat the process until the ingredients run out
- Top with the delicious raspberry sauce and enjoy! (keep the sauce refrigerated)
- For the sauce-
- buy bag of frozen raspberries, place in a sauce pan and reduce the raspberries until thick (cooking on higher heat for about 5 minutes. Then, strain the raspberries to get the seeds out. Place back into the sauce pan then take about 1/3 cup of water, 1/8 cup of sugar, and about a teaspoon of cornstarch to the raspberries to thicken it.
- Nutrition facts (serves 20)- 208 Calories • 1.5g Fat • 46g Carbs • .5g Dietary Fiber • 3.2g Protein
All of my Essence https://kerifay.com/
If you like this, say thanks by sharing!