Low Calorie Zucchini Carrot Bread
Write a review
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light or dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice or orange juice
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon or orange zest (optional)
- Grease and flour baking tin. Heat oven to 375°.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the oil with eggs, sugars, and vanilla extract.
- Combine the flour, soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; add to the wet ingredients; stirring until blended. Fold in the shredded zucchini and carrots.
- Fill up the baking tin with the mixture and bake for 20 minutes
- To make the icing, In a mixing bowl, beat the reduced fat cream cheese, sugar, juice and zest until fluffy.
- Nutrition Facts Per Serving (one slice about one inch thick- without icing)- 93 Calories • .9g Fat • 23g Carbs • .6g Dietary Fiber • 1.2g Protein
- Nutrition Facts Per Serving (one slice about one inch thick with icing)- 138 Calories • 3.1g Fat • 28g Carbs • .6g Dietary Fiber • 2.1g Protein
All of my Essence https://kerifay.com/
If you like this say thanks by sharing! xo