Okay, so I found this all over Pinterest. I figured I would give it a try since it is so low in calories. For the amount of calories in them, they are good for a sweet chocolatey treat. However, they aren’t my favorite healthy alternative brownie of choice! But, I definitely would make them again because I did not feel one ounce of guilt eating one, let along two, even three… (hey we all get serious cravings sometimes, we don’t judge here!)
Try it out, see what you think!
- 3/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt (Vanilla may taste better, but it does add more carbs and sugar, but hey when its this low in calories...)
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup Cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Old fashioned rolled oats (like Quaker)
- 1/2 cup Truvia (or any natural/stevia based sweetener that pours like sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper and spray with no stick cooking spray.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix for about 1 minute, until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into 9 big squares.
- Nutrition facts- 37 calories • 1.7g Fat • 6.4g Carbohydrates • 2.3g Dietary Fiber • 2.6g Protein