This is one of my favorite dishes when I go to an Italian restaurant. However, the guilt…not worth it. So, I decided to make a healthy alternative to eggplant rollitini that didn’t make me feel so shameful afterwards, hope you enjoy!
Super Skinny Eggplant Rollitini
Write a review
- • 2 large eggplants
- • 15 oz fat free ricotta cheese (you can use low fat cheeses but keep in mind that will increase the fat content)
- •1 1/2 cups shredded fat free mozzarella
- • A Sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on the top to taste
- • 9 oz / 250 g frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed to remove as much liquid as possible 
- • 1/4 cup egg whites
- • 1 garlic clove, germ removed, minced
- • salt and pepper to taste
- • 1 cup Marinara Pasta Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
- Remove the eggplants' ends and slice them thinly. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil and place 12 eggplant slices on it. Depending on your oven size you may need to use another baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool.
- While eggplants are cooking, start preparing ricotta/spinach mixture. Combine ricotta, mozzarella (1/2 cup), spinach, egg whites and garlic. Mix well and season to taste (Feel free to add some parmesan cheese in this mix)
- Spread 1/2 cup tomato sauce on the bottom of a large baking dish.
- Spread ricotta/spinach mixture on an eggplant slice (load about 2 large tablespoons, I mean why not its fat free right?), roll it up, and place the rolls into the sauced baking dish (seam side down so that it does not unroll). Continue with remaining eggplant.
- Top with remaining tomato sauce (1/2 cup) and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella (1 cup). Cover with foil, reduce oven to 350F and bake for 45 minutes. If you choose, remove foil and bake another 15 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Remove from the oven and serve.
- Serving Size- 2 Rolls- 311 Calories • 2.9 g Fat • 35 Carbs • 14g Fiber • 33 Protein
All of my Essence https://kerifay.com/